Monday 23 April 2012

Are gay relationships different?

        Many people, gay and straight, assume gay men are worse at maintaining relationships than straight people are. Straight people are so quick to believe stereotypes about gay men and it's really annoying given the fact that they aren't even near perfect.

    Even some gay men don't believe in same-sex relationship and one common excuse is "why should we act like the straight people" loving someone and being with them is a natural thing, and it's not just for the heterosexual people alone....

    I have an older friend who was in a relationship for 6years. He use to say it then that meeting his partner was one of the most reliable story to tell to any of his friends because it was preposterous to think they wouldn't have ended up together. They were so happy and loved each other very deeply. The break up sucked, the more so because it was no one's fault. The relationship had become to suffer the inanition of many marriages (The seven-year itch isn't a myth; I've come to believe that the median duration of first marriages that end in divorce is 7-9 years.) And all of the sudden they were no longer in love with each other. Things drifted for them and they had some icky couples councelling. My friend said " the night my ex wouldn't stay up to watch a 20min sitcom with me was the day I knew I had to move out" he knew they were finally done......so now tell me, how's this relationship any different from what the straight before are going through in their relationships?

       I remember when my first relationship ended. I wondered What impact had our homosexuality had on the longevity, arc and dissolution of our relationship? Had we given up on each other because we were men or because we were gay? Or neither?  Friends offered clichés: Some people just aren't meant for each other. Yeah! Right.
       The first thing to observe on how gays and lesbians interact with their partners during conversations (monitoring facial expressions, vocal tones, emotional displays and physical reactions like changes in heart rate).
          I'm gonna  conclude by saying that gays and lesbians are nicer than straight people during arguments with partners: they are significantly less belligerent, less domineering and less fearful. Gays and lesbians also use humor more often when arguing (and lesbians use even more humor than gays. So I'm  concluding that "heterosexual relationships may have a great deal to learn from homosexual relationships." Because gay relationships aren't in the fainties bit different.

         Copy written (c) by kennie savage..........as always u could reach me me on facebook for any questions. thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment